A mobile flavour to FWD this week as news and updates flow from #MWC18. From the promise of a faster future with 5G to a plan to launch 4G on the moon. Oh and of course the Oscars! Here are the Best Pictures Nominations as described by most tweeted emojis.
- All of the announcements from Mobile World Congress 2018 as well as five technologies that show MWC is about more than just phones
- Eagle eyed coders have found voice and video calling codes in Instagram, is the app readying for an update? It could be all change as Facebook looks at adding in voice status updates, get ready for ‘micropodcasting’
- Publishers can take one thing off their list of worries as Facebook drops plans for a second newsfeed
- Busy week for Twitter as they launch their latest campaign in which they promise to do more for women #HereWeAre. Jack Dorsey makes a public call for ideas on how to increase its ‘health’ and release Bookmarks to all users
- UKOM data shows Facebook now reaches over 90% of online over 55s although Snapchat and Instagram overtake for share of time among 18-24s. And this PEW data from the US shows that Snapchat is far from waning
- Only 4% of marketers are taking Dark Social seriously. Is it time to add it to your 2018 plans?
- Kendall who? Snapchat download figures actually increased in the weeks after the redesign
- Tinder lobbies Unicode to #representlove with a more reflective emoji set
- ‘Denim for the digital era’, how Levis are using lasers to distress their jeans
- How PowerBar is using VSCO to find their photographers