In a week when the UK went to the polls, we saw a nation glued to social media for up to the minute information. Elsewhere, a raft of platform developments were announced at Cannes with live-streaming updates creating the biggest noise.
- Tumblr has launched its own take on live streaming
- Facebook has added support for Facebook Live directly from MSQRD and YouTube has swiftly followed suit with its own mobile live streaming update
- Instagram hits 500m users and announced that it will support automatic translation on bio, captions and comments
- Twitter has introduced Stickers as social networks all take their own spin on emoji and photo overlays
- How the Euros are being consumed on mobile, statistics galore!
- How Google is making itself a ‘machine learning first’ company
- Analysis of what gets your apps downloaded (split by category)
- Impressify makes your photos into an impressionist artwork
- Audioshield turns your music into an interactive VR game and it looks like a lot of fun!
- American Express has built a bot for Facebook Messenger that will help users track payments, and even offer restaurant tips