Hello and welcome to a post-Cannes edition of FWD, where OMD was named 2017 Cannes Lions Global Network Of The Year. Digital high fives all round!
Included this week are Facebook’s TV programming aspirations, a music-making robot and everything you need to know about chatbots in 2017.
- Google will no longer scan user emails for ad targeting opportunities
- McDonalds and UberEats to trial ‘McDelivery’ service in the UK
- Facebook is willing to pay up to $3m per episode for original TV content
- Gender representation in advertising is still unequal as men get four times as much screen time as women
- 63% of smartphone owners worldwide use their mobile device at least every 30 minutes, according to a new study from the IAB
- Everyone’s chatting about Chatbots, so here’s the current state of the market
- Netflix invites viewers to shape story narratives with interactive episodes
- Move over Ed Sheeran, this robot uses deep learning to write and play its own music
- Need help sorting your Lego? There’s an AI for that