This week’s FWD sees things move at pace as the year rolls on. We feature updates including a potential game-changer from Pinterest and a raft of Cool campaigns, featuring beer, TV and pizza #WIN.
- Pinterest has launched a number of new visual discovery tools including ‘LENS’ a visual Shazam for everything
- Twitter’s ad revenues have cooled but they are on the front foot, announcing new safety tools to help brands
- YouTube opens live streaming capability for those with 10K+ subs and rolls out Super Chat, a monetisation tool for YouTuber Q&As.
- How fashion brands are using Whatsapp
- Social video influences purchase intent, with nearly half of those surveyed saying they actually made a purchase after watching a branded video
- Stutters for VR as statistics suggest only 8% of brands will use VR this year and Facebook closes some VR trial stations in Best Buy due to lack of interest.
- Dominos launches a wedding registry (and accompanying Pinterest presence) for couples ‘Passionate about Pizza’
- The social launch of the new 24 show #24Legacy, including the rather scary prospect of setting Alexa to wake you up to the sounds of the show
- London Pride ran a real time, live webcam, weather-based promotion. If it starts raining on camera, you can tweet them and they’ll give you a free pint #WhenItRainsItPours.
- A ‘deep watch’ from Scot Galloway on Winners and Losers
- How driverless cars could speed our way to the end of privacy
- What the launch of influencer networks from traditional media brands could mean for advertisers
- BONUS: The UK Cabinet Office and Government Digital Service (GDS) have published the Government Transformation Strategy 2017 to 2020, available HERE.