It’s Digital Creativity Week across OMD UK group – follow what’s going on with #OMDDCW and omd.to/omddcw
What’s happened this week:
- Google’s I/O developer event saw the launch of a new tablet device priced under USD 200, Google Now (a Siri like assistant) and a media streamer.
- The most spectacular feature of the event was this stunt using Google Glass which creatively illustrates the new perspectives enabled by it.
- Brightcove have launched AppCloud Core that links mobile devices and the Apple TV. Expect to see new kinds of interaction around TV content.
- YouTube launched Video Creation Marketplace a platform to connect content creators to brands.
What we have learned:
- YouTube’s top 5 content partners drive 1.5bn views per month. Web content is really starting to scale.
- Anyone can use technology creatively these Girl Scouts quadrupled cookie sales using mobile credit card readers.
- Consumers have very different relationships with their multiple screens; from the everyman to the sage to the lover. ‘Meet the screens’ from Omnicom and MSN illustrates how we should approach each screen’s creative use.
- Chrome web lab is coming to London’s Science Museum it is cutting edge ‘experiential Digital creativity’.
- The most shared advertiser content of recent weeks, very different types of content to traditional advertising.
- This interactive music video by Androp is very clever; in this case the interaction is the message.
- IBM’s view on how Augmented Reality can be used creatively in the retail environment.
Where to find more:
- On YouTube the amateur is the new pro, many more people are being creative in many new ways.
- ‘We need a fundamentally different way of creating a brand’ this memo from CP+B CEO Andrew Keller sums up the challenges facing brands in a world of infinite Digital content.
- The 100 best slides from Cannes, a little inspiration to create in the much maligned ppt.