What’s happened this week:
- Facebook announced Graph Search, a new feature to search within the users’ Social Graph. Another development in the rise of the Interest Graph technologies that advertisers need to understand.
- A little less coverage went to another disruptive Facebook move to deliver free calls to US iPhone users.
What we have learned:
- There will be 200m 4G mobile subscribers in 2013 according the new Deloitte Global Technology Media Telecoms 2012 report.
- 60% of the UK’s 10m Twitter users watch TV as they tweet, from the Twitter TV book, an in depth study in to this new form of media multitasking.
- 20% of Digital auto sales leads are coming from mobile devices.
- *Wearable Technology is shaping up to become a significant trend in 2013. We can expect to see all sorts of new gadgetsmeasuring what we do, consume and even think.
- Brands such as Nike are going beyond the hardware and opening up API access to their data to drive the next level of innovation.
- The proliferation of these sensors may even affect the ways in which we control our lives.
- ‘Responsive design’ is now expected by consumers. Brands are beginning to understand its benefits in driving cross platform commerce.
- McDonalds are to add QR codes to the packaging of all products worldwide.
Where to find more:
- “Search will be included in people’s brains” Google founder Larry Page’s vision for the future of search as we begin to get plugged in to the knowledge graph.
- How ‘Big Data’ is set to have a huge impact on global healthcare;