What’s happened this week:
- Google and Twitter are collaborating on an open source version of ‘Instant Articles’ to rival Facebook’s own
- Facebook have added an ‘away’ function to brand pages, allowing community managers to show when they are unable to respond to messages.
- Google launch Android Pay in the US next month, but won’t have in-app payments straight away
What we have learned:
- MTV drew 12m views of Snapchat’s Live Story from the VMAs
- UK programmatic spend will surpass £2bn in 2016, according to eMarketer forecasts
- Super Mario turned 30 yesterday!
- Tourism Australia have launched the world’s biggest selfie service
- Nintendo have turned Pokemon into an augmented reality and wearable tech app experience
- Tumblr are launching their own fashion line
Where to find more: