In this edition of FWD, social platforms partner with traditional broadcasters, publishers tap into election fever and Mary Meeker releases her highly anticipated trends.
- With the election fast approaching, Vice and The Telegraph join Snapchat Discover to bring political coverage, as Facebook helps people decide how to vote with their handy manifesto comparison tool
- Snapchat Spectacles are now available in the UK, as Snapchat join a brand safety coalition alongside Moat, Double verify and IAS
- Twitter and the BBC form live streaming partnership.
- Online guru Mary Meeker releases her annual trends report for 2017
- What to expect from Apple’s Keynote tonight
- Surge in internet usage amongst tech savvy ’instagrans’
- Operating systems, device and browser info from Wikipedia here.
- Instagram releases limited edition rainbow features in honour of LGBTQ Pride Month
- Wearable tech helps people with disabilities
- Coca-Cola appeals to teens during festival season with labels that double up as festival wristbands
- The future of music videos is VR as you can ‘touch’ songs.