As we celebrate #Shakespeare400, this week’s news includes a number of interesting developments and a bumper crop of insight from OFCOM’s media usage report
- Facebook alter their algorithm to give preference to dwell times over clicks – is this the end of click baiting?
- Apple demands that all new Apple watch apps be native
- Google has launched a new start-up incubator called Area 120 for their employees
- Snapchat includes competition winners in special Tribeca Discover channel
- There has been a rapid rise of users who use mobile only to go online, and 70% of over 55s using social media daily. These and other nuggets from the UK OFCOM media use report
- Eight ways tech early adopters use Twitter
- An interesting read on Facebook’s different ventures – are they on a path to world domination?
- STRATA is a multisensory ‘book’ for the digital age (view on mobile)
- Persol is creating a graphic novel in real-time in Instagram
- Find your ‘Game of Thrones’ kindred spirit based on your Spotify music tastes