Diversification of services from the big players is the order of the day; Google moving further into messaging, Pinterest adds video and Facebook looking to regain relevance among the youth with a new app.
- Google launches 1-1 chat app Duo and ditches Google Hangouts to make way for YouTube Live
- Pinterest launches promoted video in a way that matches the intent and social discovery focus of the platform
- With Snapchat’s acquisition of Vurb, is social ‘Snapsearch’ the next big thing?
- Gawker.com to shut down after being bought by Univision
- Facebook is experimenting with Lifestage, a new youth focussed app (US-only)
- How publishers are using Instagram Stories and how 3 publishers are using the channel for storytelling
- Why Snapchat is pushing for more TV-like content
- Five ways AI can help marketing with customer experience
- #Nofilter? This web app warns you if you might be a Twitter troll
- A way down the road from Farmville, partnering with Unity, Facebook moves into gaming
- Twitter launches Promoted Stickers with Pepsi