This week in FWD we have updates from three social giants as well as self-driving cars, Super Mario on mobile and lots of bots.
- The next Instagram update will be jam-packed with new features to match the new iPhone 7 functionality.
- The Guardian is exploring daily news flashes via Facebook chatbots
- Twitter is betting big on live events
- How Netflix is using fan power to drive awareness for their programming
- BuzzFeed is shifting focus to cope with a video-centric internet
- Bots aren’t for banking, yet, according to Forrester
- Why Nintendo finally brought Mario to the iPhone
- The coolest thing to hit Yosemite since Yogi bear – Obama narrates a 360-degree walkaround on Facebook
- Need to get out of an awkward text chat? Meet the Phoney.Club app
- How technology democratises art and creativity (even if the results are mixed)
- A glimpse behind Facebook’s notoriously secretive algorithm
- What self-driving cars can learn from GTA