What’s happened this week:
- Facebook revealed their latest numbers, as Mobile users exceeded Desktop for the first time they now see themselves as a Mobile company.
- Positive signs for future income growth as ads in the news feed perform better than expected
- For Superbowl XLVII 36% of US viewers planned to dual screen during the game, evidenced by over 24.1m Tweets.
What we have learned:
- Facebook now has over 50m pages and 10m apps, the news feed is more crowded than ever.
- 15 Android devices are activated each second, compared with 17 Big Macs sold.
- 40% of Shopping searches come from a Mobile device according to Google Australia.
- Cars will soon be measured in gigabytes/hour, the 2013 Ford Fusion manages 25 gb/hr.
- *The world’s best examples of delivering a Digital Brand experience, and how they make an enormous difference to conversion rates.
- It may only be a week old but brands are already getting creative with Vine.
Where to find more:
- Google Chairman Eric Schmidt’s views on the future are a prelude to his book ‘A New Digital Age’ due in April.
- How building customer communities can create value for brands, primarily through helping customers build their own social capital.
- App.net is an interesting Social Network that has a radically different paid for model from the established players.