What’s happened this week:
- Channel 4 announced the 4Now app a dedicated channel wide second screen app for multiple shows.
- E3 kicks of this week early announcements from Microsoft and Sony include
- A November launch date and GBP 429 price point for the Xbox One.
- Our first glimpse of the PS4 console, at a lower price with many gamer friendly options.
- The Gran Turismo 6 concept video gives us a taste of what is to come.
- Apple have announced a new look in iOS7 incorporating a flatter look, iTunes Radio and deep in car integration.
What we have learned:
- USD 37.9bn income makes Google the world’s largest media owner, they are a ‘CBS Corporation’ ahead of the next largest, DirecTV.
- Digital Media will account for 37% of global ad revenues by 2017 according to the PwC Global Entertainment Media Outlook report.
- Flurry expect there to be over 2bn connected smartphones and tablets worldwide by 2014.
- Unbelievably, the monster dreamer 3d prints creatures based on a child’s brainwaves.
- Cutting edge retail stores in New York and London are bringing the best of the digital experience, personalisation, home delivery and social sharing to the in-store experience.
- Your Wi-Fi can ‘see’ you move allowing control of gadgets with gestures in any room.